Friday, January 17, 2014

"Differentiation in learning is a teacher's response to learner's needs guided by general principles of differentiation such as respectful tasks for all, on going assessment and adjustment, flexible grouping, etc. Teacher can differentiate the content, environment, process, or product according to students' affect, interest, learning profile, or readiness."
~Allison Eggett, 2008

There are many ways to differentiate in the classroom. The teacher needs to be aware of their student's learning needs and find the appropriate way to differentiate their lesson, teaching strategy, and environment.

Although differentiation is critical for a successful classroom we need to remember that differentiation is not always possible. It does not need to be done every second of every day. Teachers just need to be aware of their students needs and when differentiation would be appropriate.

I know differentiation is important and I hope I will be able to find ways to apply it in my classroom. I think it will benefit my students tremendously and help me not get "burned out". I'm looking forward to learning the skills to implement it.

2 comments:

  1. It works! I can read it! Great work! I love the look of your blog... it's appealing, and I will enjoy coming to it each week to read your posts. You've got everything in THIS post to earn 3 of the 5 possible points. In order to get the last two points, you have to add your personal reflection (or opinion, or experience, or interpretation, etc. Literally, you need to use "I" statements. Since it's your 3rd attempt to get me on board with you, I'm going to throw in 1 of those reflection points... in case you don't get time to come back to this one. Just remember to include personal reflection! 4 pts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I updated the posts adding some personal reflection. :D

      Delete