Monday, January 20, 2014

Shared responsibility for the classroom is between the teacher and the students

Shared responsibility for the classroom is between the teacher and the students, in the goal of making it work for everyone
Hallmark for a Differentiated Classroom #3

There needs to be a shared responsibility between the teacher and the student. By having this unity they are able to form common goals and work together towards creating a classroom that words for everyone. This image represents the idea of the teacher and the student needing to meet in the middle.
I remember having teachers who had the motto "My way of the high way". I usually felt frustrated in those classroom. I felt like my needs weren't being met and that my teacher didn't care about me or my success.

I also remember having teachers who respected me and in return I had a greater respect for them. They were open minded and willing to hear our ideas and suggestions. They were never hesitant to implement one of those ideas as long as it was for the greater good of the classroom. I remember feeling valued and like I was in control of my learning and the teacher was there to guide and assist me in reaching MY academic goals. 

2 comments:

  1. Great insights! Do you think this hallmark is possible in early grades, too? (1st grade, 2nd grade?) 5 pts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do. I think you just need to vary the amount of involvement they have depending on grade level and the maturity of your class.

      Delete